Calling all Austin-area lawyers! You are invited to a lunch conversation this Friday (Dec. 16) to hear about the global fight against slavery, and how regular folks in the legal profession can get involved to help bring justice to a broken world.
- How did we learn about this opportunity to serve?
- Who is International Justice Mission (IJM)?
- What are the requirements to participate in the IJM Fellowship Program?
- How are we handling all of the logistics -- an active docket of cases, the law firm, our house, school for the kids, etc.?
- Are we seeking and accepting financial support? (Well, yes! Link here. We are glad you asked! Thank you!)
- Have we lost our minds? (Possibly....)
Here are the details. We will meet at noon this Friday, Dec. 16, at Graves, Dougherty, Hearon & Moody, P.C. -- 401 Congress Avenue, Suite 2200, Austin, Texas 78701. Please come, and please forward this invitation along to any lawyers you know in the Austin area. If you do plan to join us, please rsvp to me via email, so we can ensure we will have a right-sized room for the crowd.
Finally, our dear friend Eric Behrens published a wonderful article for the local bar journal, the Austin Lawyer, about our plans for 2017. Here is a link to the article, for anyone who may be interested.
Thank you, and we hope to see you on Friday!