The day has finally come! We depart this morning for our year serving with IJM in Cambodia. Our flight leaves Austin at 7:00 am, and we should arrive about 27 hours later.
Through the sleep deprivation, anxiety, and uncertainty of it all, we are filled with deep gratitude:
- We are grateful for our wonderful church community, who commissioned us yesterday morning during worship.
- We are grateful for my colleagues at the best law firm in Austin, who have celebrated and embraced this journey as part of our professional calling.
- We are grateful for so many of our friends who have helped us in tremendous ways over the last few months.
- We are grateful for new friends who immigrated to the U.S. from Cambodia, and who have invited us into their homes and yesterday joined us at our church to help commission us into this work in their former homeland. (Thank you!)
- We are grateful for the IJM staff in the Cambodia field office, and we are excited to know them better and support them in the incredible work they are doing.
- We are grateful for all of you for being on this journey with us.
- We are grateful for your notes and messages of encouragement.
- We are grateful for your prayers and financial support.
- And most of all, we are so very grateful for this unbelievable opportunity to step into a what can only be described as God's work.
All of this is deeply humbling. And exciting. And terrifying. All at the same time. We need your prayers, encouragement, and support. And you have delivered.
Thank you, and God bless you! We will check in and update our blog as we are able.